About life in Chicago
Located in the vibrant neighborhood of Wicker Park, we are minutes from the Chicago Loop, Lake Michigan, restaurants, concerts, museums, and sporting/cultural events. This beautiful city has something for everyone!
North Avenue Animal Hospital is an updated, well-equipped, and efficiently run practice that utilizes our well-trained support staff to assist our clients, patients, and you properly! Our experienced team treats everyone like family, and our service-orientated approach is collaborative. Because of this, our practice is growing!
We are excited to add an associate to our multi-doctor team to continue growing our practice and serving this diverse community! We welcome doctors with all levels of experience, ideally also with an interest in surgery.
A mentorship program is available at this practice.
One of the ways we strive to improve the lives of veterinarians is by providing you with comprehensive benefits:
- Generous compensation package
- 4-4.5 day schedule with hours supporting work-life balance
- Structured mentorship program
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with match
- CE Allowances
- Relocation assistance available
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university.
North Avenue Animal Clinic is excited to add a new Practice Manager to the team! We are seeking a candidate with strong business knowledge, comfortable with redirection, and experience with coaching & development.
The role of the Practice Manager is to support the veterinary practice team and manage essential business functions in partnership with the Managing Doctor (DVM). In collaboration with the managing doctor, the practice manager is responsible for ensuring the profitability of the practice and a healthy culture rooted in high-quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate will have prior vet med & management experience and be an enthusiastic & driven leader.
- Drive revenue for practice growth
- Manage expenses including but not limited to drugs and supplies, labor and facility costs
- Assist in developing and maintaining salary schedules and job evaluations for all employees
- Provide input on an annual budget
- Triage in-house human resource issues and collaborate with the Human Resource team
- Establish and execute performance evaluations
- Establish internal operating procedures for the administration of the practice to ensure accuracy and completeness of veterinary records and reports, format, and compliance with the accepted hospital practices.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and laws. This includes but is not limited to OSHA, DEA, EEOC, ADA, and the Department of Labor. Develop and maintain procedures necessary to meet regulatory requirements.
- Able to assist with patient care, anesthesia monitoring, client education and any/all duties of a Veterinary Technician when needed.
- Any other duties deemed necessary
- Understanding of the critical balance between the administrative and clinic functions in the veterinary health care delivery system.
- Ability to apply the specialized principles and practices of veterinary practice management in directing the daily operation of this practice, thereby allowing the practitioners the time necessary to carry out their profession.
- Knowledge of hospital procedures outlined in the employee manual as well as those that are implied (reasonable expectations).
- Ability to show unbiased judgment when managing people and make fair and just recommendations in regards to personnel issues and/or disciplinary action.
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors, and the practice philosophy.
- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals or the practice to make improvements or take corrective action.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Veterinary: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.